General Information on Your Zelapar DosageConsiderations for people taking Zelapar include the following:
- The medication comes in the form of an orally disintegrating tablet. It is taken by mouth just once a day, in the morning before breakfast.
- Gently peel back the foil of the blister pack (do not try to push the delicate tablet through the foil). With dry hands, place the tablet on your tongue, where it will immediately dissolve.
- Do not eat or drink for five minutes before or after taking a Zelapar tablet.
- Make sure to take Zelapar at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Zelapar will not work if you stop taking it. Do not suddenly stop taking the drug without first talking to your healthcare provider.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Zelapar dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.