Stalevo Warnings and Precautions
Before you begin Parkinson's treatment with Stalevo, warnings and precautions for the medication should be discussed with your healthcare provider. For example, tell him or her if you have glaucoma, heart problems, or kidney disease before taking Stalevo. Warnings and precautions also include being aware of drugs that may interact with Stalevo and watching out for signs of neuroleptic malignant syndrome during treatment.
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Stalevo® (carbidopa-levodopa-entacapone) if you have:
- A bile duct obstruction or gallbladder disease
- Glaucoma (an eye condition)
- Heart problems of any kind
- Malignant melanoma (a type of skin cancer) or any undiagnosed skin lesion
- Any mental illness, including depression
- Lung problems, such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- A history of stomach or intestinal ulcers
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.