General Information on Dosing With SinemetConsiderations for people taking Sinemet include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually three or four times a day.
- The protein in food can decrease the absorption of Sinemet into the body. Some healthcare providers recommended taking the drug on an empty stomach or with a low-protein diet.
- Make sure to take Sinemet at the same times each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Sinemet will not work if you stop taking it. Do not stop taking the drug suddenly without first talking to your healthcare provider.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Sinemet dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.