Side EffectsJust like any medicine, Sinemet CR can cause side effects. Although some side effects are merely bothersome, some are quite serious or intolerable. These problems often limit the usefulness of Sinemet CR.
Common side effects include but are not limited to:
- Involuntary movements
- Nausea and vomiting
(Click Sinemet CR Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)
Drug Interactions With Sinemet CRSinemet CR can potentially interact with a number of other medicines (see Sinemet CR Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderTalk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this drug if you have:
- Heart problems of any kind
- Lung problems, such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Malignant melanoma (a type of skin cancer) or any undiagnosed skin lesions
- Glaucoma (an eye condition)
- Any mental illness, including depression
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- A history of stomach or intestinal ulcers
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Sinemet CR and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Sinemet CR and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Sinemet CR Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)