Sinemet CR Dosage
General Information on Dosing With Sinemet CRSome considerations for people taking Sinemet CR include the following:
- The medication comes in extended-release tablet form. It is taken by mouth usually two or three times a day.
- Do not crush or chew Sinemet CR tablets. However, Sinemet CR 50-200 mg tablets (but not 25-100 mg tablets) may be broken in half along the score line if necessary.
- The protein in food can decrease the absorption of Sinemet CR into the body. Some healthcare providers recommend taking Sinemet CR on an empty stomach (or with a low-protein diet).
- Make sure to take Sinemet CR at the same times each day to maintain an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Sinemet CR will not work if you stop taking it. Do not suddenly stop taking the drug without first talking to your healthcare provider.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Sinemet CR dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.