What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?Talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, hepatitis, or cirrhosis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Eldepryl and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Eldepryl and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Selegiline to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
Dosing InformationThere is only one standard dose of selegiline for treating Parkinson's disease. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Selegiline Dosage for more information.)
(Click Drug Interactions With Selegiline for more information about selegiline and these other medications.)