- Requip XL comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- It does not matter if you take the medication with food or on an empty stomach. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Make sure to swallow the tablets whole. Do not dissolve, crush, or chew the tablets. Also, do not take tablets that are broken or chipped.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Requip XL that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to the medication
- Other medications you are taking
- Any other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Requip XL Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of Requip XLAs with any medicine, side effects are possible. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Some of the most common side effects include, but are not limited to:
- Involuntary movements
(Click Requip XL Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)