Requip XL Drug Interactions
Certain Requip XL drug interactions may cause your body to metabolize the medicines differently than intended, possibly altering the amount of Requip XL in your blood. As a result, these interactions may increase your risk of side effects or decrease the effectiveness of Requip XL. Some of the medications that can interact with Requip XL include antipsychotics, certain antibiotics, and estrogens.
An Overview of Requip XL Drug InteractionsRequip® XL (ropinirole XL) can potentially interact with several other medications. Some of these medicines that may lead to Requip XL drug interactions include:
- Certain antibiotics, antifungals, or parasite medications, including:
- Cigarette smoking
- Estrogens, including many hormone replacement medications and many birth control pills, patches, and rings
- Fluvoxamine (Luvox®, Luvox® CR)
- Medications that contain levodopa (Parcopa®, Sinemet®, Sinemet® CR, Stalevo®)
- Metoclopramide (Reglan®)
- Mexiletine (Mexitil®)
- Warfarin (Coumadin®, Jantoven®).
Requip XL Interactions Explained
The following sections explain in detail the potentially negative interactions that can occur when Requip XL is combined with any of the drugs listed above.