Side Effects of Pramipexole
Most people have no problems when taking pramipexole; side effects, however, are possible. Seek immediate medical attention if you experience hallucinations, difficulty breathing, or vision changes. Fortunately, side effects are typically minor and easily treated by you or your healthcare provider. Common side effects of pramipexole include nausea, headaches, and insomnia.
Interested in a Discount on Pramipexole?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
As with any medicine, pramipexole dihydrochloride (Mirapex®) may cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. Many people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, they are often minor and either require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with pramipexole. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of pramipexole side effects with you.)
Some side effects with pramipexole are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. Although most of these side effects are rare, a few may be common. Serious side effects of pramipexole include but are not limited to:
- Falling asleep during the day, sometimes without warning
- Feelings of internal restless or jitteriness
- Strong, uncontrollable muscle contractions
- Any abnormal muscle movements
- Severe dizziness or fainting
- Muscle pain
- Any vision changes
- Difficult or painful breathing
- Problems with impulse control, such as gambling, hypersexuality, or binge eating (see Mirapex and Gambling)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.