What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?Talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking pramipexole if you have:
- A sleep disorder other than restless legs syndrome
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Dyskinesia (a muscle movement disorder)
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure) or milder forms of kidney disease
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Mirapex and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Mirapex and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Pramipexole to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
Dosing Information for PramipexoleThe dose of pramipexole your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to the drug (especially if you develop bothersome side effects)
- How well your kidneys function
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Pramipexole Dosing for more information.)