When and How to Take ParcopaSome general considerations for when and how to take Parcopa include the following:
- The medication comes in the form of an orally disintegrating tablet. It is taken by mouth usually three or four times a day.
- To take Parcopa, gently remove the tablet from the bottle with dry hands and place it on the top of the tongue. After it has dissolved, swallow it with saliva. It is not necessary to drink water or any other liquids.
- The protein in food can decrease the absorption of Parcopa into the body. Some healthcare providers recommend taking the drug with a low-protein diet or on an empty stomach. Be sure to ask your healthcare provider about how you should take it.
- Make sure to take Parcopa at the same times each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Parcopa will not work if you stop taking it. Do not suddenly stop taking the drug without first talking to your healthcare provider.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Parcopa your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Parcopa (especially if you develop severe or intolerable side effects)
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Parcopa Dosage for more information.)