General Information on Dosing With ParcopaSome considerations for people taking Parcopa include the following:
- The medication comes in the form of a mint-flavored orally disintegrating tablet. It is taken by mouth usually three or four times a day.
- To take Parcopa, gently remove the tablet from the bottle with dry hands and place it on the top of the tongue. After it has dissolved, swallow it with saliva. It is not necessary to drink water or any other liquids.
- The protein in food can decrease the absorption of Parcopa into the body. Some healthcare providers recommend taking Parcopa with a low-protein diet or on an empty stomach. Be sure to ask your healthcare provider about how you should take Parcopa.
- Make sure to take Parcopa at the same times each day to maintain an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Parcopa will not work if you stop taking it. Do not suddenly stop taking the drug without first talking to your healthcare provider.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Parcopa dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.