- This medication comes in extended-release tablet form. It is taken by mouth once daily.
- You can take this medication with food or on an empty stomach. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Do not crush, chew, cut, or dissolve the extended-release tablets, as this will cause the medication to be released too quickly. You must swallow them whole.
- Make sure to take this medication at the same time each day to keep an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not suddenly stop taking this medication.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Mirapex ER that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Mirapex ER
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Mirapex ER Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of Mirapex ER
As with any medicine, Mirapex ER can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. Most people tolerate it quite well.
If reactions do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of Mirapex ER include but are not limited to:
(Click Mirapex ER Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)