Parkinsons Disease Home > Zelapar
When and How to Take ZelaparGeneral considerations to keep in mind when taking Zelapar include the following:
- The medication comes in the form of an orally disintegrating tablet. It is taken by mouth once a day, in the morning before breakfast.
- Gently peel back the foil of the blister pack (do not try to push the delicate tablet through the foil). With dry hands, place the tablet on your tongue, where it will immediately dissolve.
- Do not eat or drink for five minutes before or after taking a Zelapar tablet.
- Make sure to take Zelapar at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Zelapar will not work if you stop taking it. Do not suddenly stop taking the drug without first talking to your healthcare provider.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Zelapar your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Zelapar
- Other medical conditions you may have.
Side EffectsAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Zelapar. Although some side effects may be merely bothersome, some are quite serious or intolerable. Side effects often limit the usefulness of the drug.