Parkinsons Disease Home > Stalevo Overdose
In cases where people reported taking too much levodopa, one of the components of Stalevo (carbidopa-levodopa-entacapone), overdose symptoms included nausea and vomiting, involuntary body movements, insomnia, and a rapid heart rate. Treatment for a Stalevo overdose will vary, and there is no known antidote. Healthcare providers may "pump the stomach," administer certain medications, or provide supportive care.
- Involuntary body movements
- Nausea and vomiting
- A rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
- Confusion or agitation
- Insomnia and restlessness
- Low blood pressure (hypotension) or high blood pressure (hypertension).
- Careful monitoring of the heart, blood pressure, and breathing
- Fluids through an intravenous line (IV)
- Other treatments based on complications that occur.