Parkinsons Disease Home > Sinemet CR Warnings and Precautions
Some Sinemet CR warnings and precautions to be aware of include possible drug interactions, the safety of taking the drug while pregnant or breastfeeding, and the risk of the drug causing dangerous side effects. Because Sinemet CR is not suitable for everyone, make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any existing medical conditions and any other medications you are taking.
Sinemet CR: What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Sinemet® CR (carbidopa-levodopa CR) if you have:
- Lung problems, such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- A history of stomach or intestinal ulcers
- Malignant melanoma (a type of skin cancer) or any undiagnosed skin lesions
- Glaucoma (an eye condition)
- Any mental illness, including depression
- Heart problems of any kind
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any medications you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.