Parkinsons Disease Home > Ropinirole
Ropinirole is a medication that is specifically licensed to treat Parkinson's disease and restless legs syndrome. Because this drug increases the amount of dopamine in your brain, it can trick your nervous system into thinking more dopamine is present, which can help improve muscle stiffness or rigidity. Side effects are generally minor and typically don't require treatment. They can vary, depending on the condition being treated.
- People with early Parkinson's disease who were not taking levodopa (Larodopa®, Sinemet®, Atamet®)
- People with advanced Parkinson's disease who were taking levodopa
- People with restless legs syndrome (RLS).
- Side Effects of Requip for Early Parkinson's Disease
- What Are the Side Effects of Requip for Advanced Parkinson's?
- Side Effects of Requip for Restless Legs Syndrome.