Parkinsons Disease Home > Natural Cure for Parkinson's Disease
Even though there is no known cure for Parkinson's disease, some people may turn to alternative therapies in the hope that they will relieve symptoms of this condition. Some of the natural products that are considered natural remedies for Parkinson's disease include vitamin E, coenzyme Q10, and ginkgo biloba. Before starting a natural "cure" for Parkinson's disease, talk to your healthcare provider about other medications you are taking.
Curing Parkinson's Disease Naturally: An OverviewParkinson's disease is a chronic condition that affects a portion of the brain that controls movement. If you have searched the Internet for a natural Parkinson's disease cure, you might have come across Web sites that claim to sell a product or products that can treat Parkinson's disease naturally and, in some cases, may even cure it. These products can include natural remedies such as:
Why Do People Look to Natural Treatments for Parkinson's?Complementary and alternative medicine represents a group of diverse medical and healthcare systems, practices, and products that are not presently considered part of conventional medicine. People turn to alternative therapies for relief from a number of conditions, including Parkinson's disease. Some of the reasons why people may consider using natural remedies for Parkinson's include the following:
- Conventional Parkinson's disease treatment is not working as well as they would like
- A wish for greater relief of symptoms and/or disability
- Issues with side effects of Parkinson's disease medications
- A desire to reduce some of the stress that comes from living with a chronic illness, as well as to cope better with stress
- A belief that alternative therapies are safer and more "natural"
- Widespread advertising and attractive claims for many alternative therapy products (such as claims that these products are a natural remedy for Parkinson's disease).