Parkinsons Disease Home > Azilect Side Effects
Indigestion or heartburn, joint pain, and headaches are the most commonly reported Azilect side effects. These side effects are usually just bothersome, but some may be quite serious. Potentially serious side effects of Azilect that should be reported to your healthcare provider right away include balance problems or falling, hallucinations, depression, and signs of hypertensive crisis.
As with any medicine, side effects are possible with Azilect® (rasagiline mesylate). However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. While many Azilect side effects are merely bothersome, some can be quite serious.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with Azilect. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of Azilect side effects with you.)
In clinical studies, common side effects of Azilect included:
- Headaches -- in up to 14 percent of people
- Joint pain -- up to 7 percent
- Indigestion or heartburn -- up to 7 percent
- Flu symptoms (such as fever, chills, or muscle aches) -- up to 5 percent
- "Pink eye" (conjunctivitis) -- up to 3 percent
- Fever -- up to 3 percent
- Runny or stuffy nose -- up to 3 percent
- Stomach "flu" (gastroenteritis) -- up to 3 percent.
Other common side effects (occurring 2 percent of people) included:
- A general ill feeling
- Neck pain
- Unusual sensations, such as tingling, burning, or pricking
- A spinning sensation (vertigo).