Parkinsons Disease Home > Apokyn Dosage
General Information on Dosing With ApokynSome considerations for people taking Apokyn include the following:
- The medication comes as an injection. It is injected just under the skin (subcutaneously) as needed to control off episodes, up to five times per day. Do not inject Apokyn into a vein.
- Apokyn comes in cartridges that are injected using a reusable injection pen. To use the pen, you will need specific types of needles known as "pen needles." Each time you inject Apokyn, you will need a new needle.
- Your healthcare provider should show you exactly how to inject Apokyn. It can be injected into the skin and fat layer of the stomach, upper arm, or upper leg.
- Although Apokyn liquid is clear, it can stain clothing or other fabrics or surfaces.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Apokyn will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Apokyn dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.