Parkinsons Disease Home > Akineton
Drug InteractionsAkineton can potentially interact with a number of other medicines (see Akineton Drug Interactions).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?Talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Akineton if you have:
- A bowel obstruction (blockage)
- Megacolon (an enlarged colon)
- Difficulty passing urine
- An enlarged prostate (also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH)
- Tardive dyskinesia (a specific type of extrapyramidal symptoms caused by antipsychotic medications)
- An alcohol problem
- A rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
- A job that requires you to do manual labor in the heat
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Akineton and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Akineton and Breastfeeding).