Considerations for people taking Lodosyn include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form and is taken by mouth.
- The protein in food can decrease the absorption of Lodosyn into the body. Some healthcare providers recommended taking Lodosyn on an empty stomach (or with a low-protein diet).
- Lodosyn tablets can be split in half if necessary.
- Make sure to take Lodosyn at the same times each day to maintain an even level of medicine in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Lodosyn will not work if you stop taking it. Do not stop taking the drug suddenly without first talking to your healthcare provider.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Lodosyn or your Lodosyn dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.