Cogentin Side Effects
Serious Side EffectsSome side effects with Cogentin are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. Although most of these serious side effects are rare, a few may be common. These serious side effects include but are not limited to:
- Fever, heat stroke, or decreased sweating
- Severe constipation (which may be a sign of an intestinal blockage)
- A rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
- Glaucoma (an eye condition)
- Difficulty passing urine
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.
You may experience some or none of the Cogentin side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never taken.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking the drug, or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.