When and How to Take ItSome general considerations for when and how to take Cogentin include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually one to four times daily. It is also available in an injectable form for use in certain situations.
- If you take Cogentin just once a day, it is usually recommended to take it at bedtime.
- You can take the medication with food or on an empty stomach.
- Make sure to take your dose(s) at the same time(s) each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Cogentin will not work if you stop taking it. Do not suddenly stop taking Cogentin without first talking to your healthcare provider.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Cogentin your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- How you respond to the drug (especially if you develop side effects)
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Cogentin Dosage for more information.)
- Dry mouth
- Confusion or memory problems
- Blurred vision (often caused by dry eyes)
- Difficulty passing urine.
(Click Cogentin Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)