Coenzyme Q10 Dosing
General Information on Dosing With Coenzyme Q10Considerations for people taking coenzyme Q10 include the following:
- Because the manufacturing of supplements such as coenzyme Q10 is not closely regulated, it is important to choose a trustworthy manufacturer of your supplements. It is a good idea to look for the "USP" symbol, as this means that the supplement has been tested and contains the right ingredients in the right amounts.
- There is a large variation in the cost of coenzyme Q10 supplements, from relatively inexpensive to very expensive. However, price is not always an indication of quality. Your pharmacist is a good source of information about which supplement manufacturers are the most reputable and trustworthy.
- Coenzyme Q10 probably absorbs better when it is taken with a fat-containing meal. Try to have at least a little food that contains some fat when taking your coenzyme Q10 supplement.
- If you have any chronic health problems or take any prescription medications, you should check with your healthcare provider before taking coenzyme Q10.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or coenzyme Q10 dosing in general, please talk with your healthcare provider.