Talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Heart disease
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Psychosis, such as schizophrenia
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Parlodel and Pregnancy or Cycloset and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Parlodel and Breastfeeding or Cycloset and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Bromocriptine to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)