General considerations for when and how to take Azilect include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take Azilect with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Make sure to take your dose at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Azilect will not work if you stop taking it. Do not stop taking the drug suddenly without first talking to your healthcare provider.
The dose of Azilect your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medications you are taking (including other Parkinson's medications)
- Other medical conditions you may have (especially liver disease).
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Azilect Dosage for more information.)
As with any medicine, side effects are possible with Azilect. Although some side effects may be merely bothersome, some are quite serious or intolerable. Side effects often limit the usefulness of the drug.
Common side effects include but are not limited to:
(Click Azilect Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)