Generic versions of Artane (trihexyphenidyl hydrochloride) are currently available in tablet and elixir forms. However, injectable Artane is not available in generic form at this time. Generic Artane is made by a number of different companies, including Vintage Pharmaceuticals, United Research Laboratories, and VersaPharm.
Artane® (trihexyphenidyl hydrochloride) is a prescription medication used to treat parkinsonism (including Parkinson's disease) and to treat certain side effects of antipsychotic medications (known as extrapyramidal symptoms or EPS).
Artane was originally made by Lederle Pharmaceuticals, although this medication is no longer available. Fortunately, generic Artane is still available.
Generic Artane is available in the following strengths and forms:
- Trihexyphenidyl 2 mg tablets
- Trihexyphenidyl 5 mg tablets
- Trihexyphenidyl elixir, which contains 2 mg of trihexyphenidyl per 5 mL (per teaspoonful).
Injectable Artane is not currently available in generic form.
Generic Artane is made by various companies, such as:
- Consolidated Midland Corp.
- Pharmaceutical Associates, Inc.
- Qualitest Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- United Research Laboratories, Inc.
- VersaPharm, Inc.
- Vintage Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- West-Ward Pharmaceutical Corporation.