Drug InteractionsArtane can potentially interact with a number of other medicines (see Artane Drug Interactions).
Talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Heart problems of any kind
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Difficulty passing urine
- An enlarged prostate (also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH)
- Tardive dyskinesia (a specific type of extrapyramidal symptoms due to antipsychotic medications)
- An alcohol problem
- A rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
- A job that requires you to do manual labor in the heat
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Artane and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Artane and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Artane Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)