Apokyn Side Effects
Serious Apokyn Side EffectsSome side effects with Apokyn are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. Although most of these serious side effects are rare, a few may be common. Serious side effects of Apokyn include, but are not limited to:
- Hallucinations or confusion
- Congestive heart failure
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- A specific type of irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia) known as QT prolongation
- Falling asleep without warning
- Chest pain or pressure (or other signs of a heart attack)
- A desire to use Apokyn inappropriately or unnecessarily
- A painful penile erection that does not go away (known as priapism)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.
Final Thoughts on Apokyn Side Effects
You may experience some or none of the Apokyn side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never taken. Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking the drug, or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect of Apokyn, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.