When and How to Take AkinetonGeneral considerations for when and how to take Akineton include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually one to four times a day.
- You can take it with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it during or after meals.
- Make sure to take Akineton at the same time(s) each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it. Do not stop taking the drug suddenly without first talking to your healthcare provider.
Dosing InformationThe dosage of Akineton your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Akineton (especially if you develop side effects)
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Akineton Dosage for more information.)
- Dry mouth
- Confusion or memory problems
- Blurred vision (often caused by dry eyes)
- Difficulty passing urine.
(Click Akineton Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)