If a person takes too much Akineton (biperiden hydrochloride), overdose symptoms could occur and may include hallucinations, painful urination, and difficulty swallowing. Because these symptoms can be quite serious, you should seek immediate medical attention if you think you have overdosed on the drug. Treatment for an Akineton overdose may include administering certain medicines, pumping the stomach, or providing supportive care.
Akineton Overdose: An IntroductionAkineton® (biperiden hydrochloride) is a prescription medication that belongs to a group of medications known as anticholinergics. As with any medication, it is possible to take too much Akineton. The specific effects of an Akineton overdose can vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Akineton dosage and whether it was taken with any other medications or substances.
Effects of an Akineton OverdoseAkineton is an anticholinergic medication. As such, it is prone to causing a certain group of side effects, known as anticholinergic side effects, which may be more severe if too much Akineton is taken. These side effects include:
- Painful or difficult urination
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Drowsiness, followed by hyperactivity
- Dizziness or coordination problems
- Muscle weakness
- Feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart (known as heart palpitations)
- Numb fingers
- Difficulty swallowing
- Dilated (wide open) pupils
- A rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Nausea and vomiting
- Fever or heat stroke
- Loss of life.