Akineton Dosage: An Introduction
The dose of Akineton®
hydrochloride) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- How you respond to Akineton (especially if you develop side effects)
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Akineton Dose for Extrapyramidal Symptoms
When treating extrapyramidal symptoms
(EPS) caused by antipsychotic
medications, the recommended Akineton dosage is 2 mg (one tablet), taken one to three times a day.
Akineton Dose for Parkinson's Disease
The usual starting Akineton dosage for treating Parkinson's disease
is 2 mg (one tablet), taken three or four times a day. If necessary, your healthcare provider may gradually increase your dose up to a maximum of eight tablets per day.
General Information on Dosing With Akineton
Considerations for people taking Akineton include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually one to four times a day.
- You can take Akineton with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it during or after meals.
- Make sure to take Akineton at the same time(s) each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Akineton will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Akineton dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.